Complete Brilliant French Information Books Bundle - Levels 1, 2 and 3by Danièle Bourdais, Sue Finnie
Encourage primary school pupils to become independent French readers with this collection of 18 short, highly-illustrated French information readers
Save £16.97 by purchasing Levels 1, 2 and 3 together
The Brilliant French Information Books are ideal for Key Stage 2 (KS2) children who don't like reading stories. Specially written by Danièle Bourdais and Sue Finnie to support young French learners, these carefully graded non-fiction books consolidate core vocabulary and reinforce language patterns, while being packed full of information and photos of the French-speaking world which will broaden pupils' perceptions and develop their intercultural understanding.
The books, which are published by Brilliant Publications, come packaged with teaching guides and CD-Roms containing pdf copies of the books for display on interactive whiteboards and audio recordings of the texts, making them ideal for use by non-specialist teachers.
These colourful photographic books:
- Consolidate core vocabulary
- Introduce unfamiliar language in a controlled way, to enable children to start reading French straight away, without being daunted
- Include repetition to reinforce language patterns
- Contain in-built progression and differentiation
- Introduce pupils to life in France and other French-speaking countries
- Contain fun memory quizzes to check understanding
To ensure progression and differentiation, there are three easily identifiable levels of difficulty:
- Level 1 books typically have a single short sentence per page and are ideal for children in Years 3 and 4 just starting to learn French
- Level 2 books usually have have 1-3 short to medium sentences per page, making them perfect for children in Years 4 and 5 who have been learning French for 1-2 years.
- Level 3 books typically have 3-4 sentences of varying length per page, making them ideal for pupils in Years 5 and 6 who have been studying French for a number of years.
In this special bundle pack you will find 18 information books (6 at each level), together with 3 teaching guides and 3 CD–Roms.
The teaching guides contain notes for getting the most from the resource, background information on each topic and language focus, English translations of the books and answers to the quizzes.
The CD-Roms contain:
- audio files of the each of the Brilliant French Information Books, to enable children to hear correct pronunciation and make correct sound-spelling links
- pdf versions of the texts to enable them to be displayed on an interactive whiteboard for whole class/group guided reading sessions.
|Age Groups||5 - 7 years, 7 - 11 years,|
|Author||Danièle Bourdais, Sue Finnie|
|Product format||Teacher resource with CD-rom/DVD|
|Market restriction||There are no market restrictions for this book.|
|Released date||12 October 2016|
Sampe pages from La France en couleurs (Level 1 book) (2.88 MB)
Audio extract from La France en couleurs (Level 1 book) (206.99 KB) - Login required
Sample pages from Inventés en France (Level 2 book) (1.19 MB)
Audio extract from Inventés en France (Level 2 book) (423.32 KB)
Sample pages from Un tour de France (Level 3 book) (1.69 MB)
Audio ectract from Un tour de France (Level 3 book) (754.74 KB)